Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!


It's snow time and I am very thankful I am NOT a turkey!

Our flock will never be the same but we must look forward. Pilgrim is less grouchy and Helen seems pretty content. I think by spring maybe we can be free to sail the creek again~sure hope so. Right now, I rejoice that I am alive and well cared for~I can smell the air, bite snowflakes that dance about. The Woman With The Long Blue Apron celebrated Thanksgiving with us today~it was such a feast: mealworms floating on water, escarole, seed cakes, dandelions, and corn. It was delicious. Later tonight the Mouse Snot family is coming~all right, I invited them. They usually come in the middle of the night to steal corn. The Woman With The Long Blue Apron even decorated our door with pumpkins. We are going to have fun rolling them around tomorrow. . . pumpkin war games!!!!She also said she going to decorate our home with colored lights!!!!! and a tree!!!! Well, honestly, I want a widescreen TV~~a BIG one. If I can't travel this winter I want a TV, no more looking through windows at night. This is going to fun!!!! The best part would be my other riverbank friends could come and watch too~~share corn. I am sooooo excited!!!!!

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment