Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Snowy Christmas Eve . . . a special night


It's dark now along the river bank. The moon is covered in snow flakes, there are no stars, and it is ever so peaceful. It's a special night. I am on my job as Air Traffic Controller. I am watching the sky for signs of unusual duck and goose movement. There is no wind except for some slight squalls coming from the north . . . something MAY be coming. In a most disgusted mood, Pilgrim went to bed early. I don't know ~ I think I hear something coming, and see a tiny red light in the distance. It's coming along the riverbank! It's MASSIVE ~ flying deer and some kind of strange vehicle with a man in red ~ oh my!!! He's dropping bright colored boxes and packages along the river bank! One was placed outside Gizmo's door ~ I saw his light go on. There are so many packages! He is turning this way ~ up over the mill and he dropped six packages!!! ~ MY NAME IS ON TWO!~ ~ Oh Boy! Oh I hope it's a seed cake ~ I want a seed cake! There is a nicely written tag that says I cannot open it until the 25th . . . I hope I can wait! I am going to go snuggle down deep in my straw and dream of a seed cake ~ maybe a knitted blue scarf or a red sweater!!!!  Maybe, just maybe . . .

Until next time . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment